International Student and Scholar Services is pleased to announce the ISSS Intercultural Workshop Series for Spring 2018. The series includes sessions focused on intercultural competency and skills development as well as "Culture In-Depth" sessions discussing the unique practices, customs, and values of some of the largest international student populations on our campus.
Each session helps UMN staff members gain greater cultural self-awareness, an understanding of the contributions of international students, and communication skills to improve interactions and relationships with international students, staff, and faculty.
Below is the full list of ISSS Intercultural Workshops being held this Spring. The full descriptions for each session, including a list of learning outcomes, can be found on the ISSS website, and registration is now open on ULearn.
When registering, please register for each session you would like to attend. Please also note the time and location for your sessions (listed on ULearn and the website), as they vary.
- Wednesday, January 24 (10:00-12:00): Communicating with International Students
- Wednesday, February 7 (2:00-4:00): Becoming Aware of Your Own Culture
- Thursday, February 22 (2:00-4:00): Culture In-Depth: Indian Students at the University of Minnesota
- Wednesday, March 7 (2:00-4:00): Bridging Cultural Differences
- Thursday, March 29 (10:00 - 12:00): Culture In-Depth: Korean Students at the University of Minnesota
- Wednesday, April 11 (10:00 - 12:00): Culture In-Depth: Chinese Students at the University of Minnesota
All University of Minnesota staff and faculty members are encouraged to attend.