The Diversity Community of Practice (DCoP) is a grassroots community of faculty and staff from collegiate units across the Twin Cities campus that meets monthly. Its purpose is to develop and leverage personal, professional, and technical expertise, thereby effectively creating innovative strategies that ensure successful implementation of equity and diversity goals at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
DCoP Goals are to Educate/Collaborate/Support/Assess and:
- Connect specific college equity and diversity strategies to the UM strategic plan
- Change the status quo
- Share resources and collaborate
- Increase awareness of collegiate diversity goals, events, etc.
- Support one another as members innovate and take risks
- Utilize outcomes-based assessment to make decisions and determine success
More information: Virajita Singh, Assistant Vice Provost, Office of Equity and Diversity,firstname.lastname@example.org